Let’s say, you get an invite for a dream-event out of the blue and you just have a day to deck up. Or, you got it a month or three moths ago, but you are in the procrastinator-bandwagon and you just have a day left to make yourself slimmer. So, you are not a lone warrior. Many want to lose fat, at least belly fat, in a day. Here’s your guide to lose one kilo in one day and we are not kidding.
1. DITCH WHITE SUGAR : It goes without saying that processed sugar is the biggest culprit for excess weight. Eliminating sugar from your diet is like half the battle won. The glucose and fructose present in sugar are simple carbohydrates. These, when taken in excess, get converted into glycogen and get stored in fat tissue. Refined sugar is the leading cause of visceral fat. Instead of refined sugar, eat foods and fruits that contain natural sugars. Or, even avoid that for today.
2. INCLUDE PROTEIN IN YOUR DIET: Protein is one of the macronutrients that fight against the stubborn belly fat. Eating protein keeps you satiated for a longer duration and you don’t frequently gorge on the foods. You can add cottage cheese, yoghurt, eggs and lean meat in your diet.
3. DRINK TEA: Not only it is about green tea, but drinking peppermint tea, oolong tea and unfermented white tea is great for burning belly fat. Tea contains catechins (a type of natural phenol and antioxidant) which speeds up metabolism and burns fat faster, especially when you are working out regularly but even if not.
4. EAT FIBRE LOADED FOODS: Eating fibre enriched foods helps in reducing fat accumulation around your belly. Fibre loaded foods give you a feeling of fullness for a long period. Fibre also reduces fat absorption from food as it binds with bile acids that are required for the digestion of dietary fats. Fibre loaded foods also bind sugar and carbohydrates and delay their absorption into the bloodstream.
5. MOVE YOUR BODY: One of the leading causes of belly fat is our lifestyle. Our sitting jobs and sedentary lifestyle have become a major risk factor for diseases and gaining extra body weight. So, today, whenever you get time, move. While attending phone, walk and talk. And instead of taking escalators, use stairs.
6. AVOID ALCOHOL: Have you ever heard about beer belly? It is called so for a reason as consuming alcohol increases the chances of abdominal obesity. So, if you want to look fit tonight or tomorrow, just forget about alcohol today.
7. SIP LOADS OF HOT WATER: Do not keep yourself dehydrated. Water helps in getting rid of toxins and waste out of the body. And when your body is free from toxins, it boosts your metabolism and keeps you energetic. When you sip on hot water, the results come speedy and more drastic.